With winter well underway, we have put together a checklist for you to ensure your Porsche stays in optimum condition this winter:
- Fit winter wheels and tyres to ensure safer driving. Winter tyres can reduce your braking distance on a wet road by approximately 12%.* Remember to check your tyre pressure throughout the winter.
- Prepare a winter breakdown kit and keep it in your car in case of emergency. Items we recommend include a blanket, torch, high visibility jacket and a warning triangle
- Keep de-icer in your car to make your mornings easier when scraping the ice off your windscreen and lights
- Be gentle when washing away the salt and grit from wintery roads that has accumulated on your Porsche. Using a pressure washer risks damaging the paint by embedding the salt and grit into the paintwork
- Check lights, levels and tyres regularly. It is particularly important to check your engine coolant levels over the winter.
If you place your Porsche in winter storage, here are some tips to make sure your Porsche remains in top driving condition:
- Keep your Porsche connected to a battery trickle charger or conditioner to ensure that it will start up after the storage period. Use a car cover (indoor or outdoor) to prevent dust collection or weather damage
- Inflate your tyres before storage but do not exceed the maximum pressure. To prevent the tyres going flat at the bottom, you should change the position of your car at least every four weeks by rolling back or forward
- Book your Porsche in to have your air conditioning re-gassed before storage to reduce risk of corrosion on the inside of the air conditioner
- Keep your brakes in good working order by making sure they are completely dry to prevent corrosion. Keep the parking brake off if possible
- A dehumidifier in your garage will help to prevent rusting on your paintwork and build-up of moisture in the passenger compartment
- Keep your Porsche in a secure and alarmed garage
- Clean your car before storage to reduce the risk of rusting. Protecting the paint and cabriolet roof will also help to keep your Porsche in pristine condition.
for more information.
*Summer tyres versus winter tyres. Braking with ABS on wet road surface, 50 to 0 mph at 3°C.